Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Caravan info
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Caravan info

Re: Caravan info 2 years, 2 months ago #1324

Well the debate re wood and ally sounds a good one.
I dare say I will have to keeps the eyes and mind open on that one. Lotus sounds promising for customer support. I am in WA so I dare say they would/could have someone act on their behalf. As yet I haven't discovered the Spinifex one you mentioned. I will do a search on that one.
I love the comment about the decision maker. Spot on there.
One thing I have noticed. ALL vans seem to be wood grain finish. Any reason for that????
Interested in comments on that.
Caio !!

• Reg
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Caravan info 2 years, 2 months ago #1325

The Trooper had a good review in one of the caravan mags, good idea to chase up? Re the wood finish, early vans had a light blue timber finish then changed to light wood, most now are timber, either dark or teak finish. Gives for a warm feel inside the van also easy to keep clean! Some new vans, New Age, are white, very clinical, like a hospital. Personal preference. I go with the comfort material, wood grain timber. Spinifex I think are built in Qld, again search caravan mags on line for a review, i think that they are also rather heaavy.

• patrol47
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Caravan info 2 years, 2 months ago #1327

A few van builders will mix up the interior for you.

Lotus Interiors I took these when I had a meeting with owner of Lotus. The new styles were about to have a public release.

www.flickr.com/photos/mowog/sets/7215762...575/with/5757962310/

As for agents Lotus will allow most registered caravan repair centers to do warranty work. Get a quote on the repair then get it Authorised by the factory.

• mowogman
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Caravan info 2 years, 2 months ago #1328

THANKS for those pics.
That looks pretty special. I like the fact its not all woodgrain.
I will have to pursue that colour selection.
Thanks again.

• Reg
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Caravan info 2 years, 2 months ago #1329

Reg wrote:
THANKS for those pics.
That looks pretty special. I like the fact its not all woodgrain.
I will have to pursue that colour selection.
Thanks again.

Happy to help. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

• mowogman
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Caravan info 2 years, 1 month ago #1381

We are thinking of a van for the future and have been looking at a Goldstream Explorer ST. This is a pop top and has a shower/toilet. As we love tenting (but back problems enter the picture now so we are looking at other options) the pop top is the next best thing to letting the fresh air and outdoors in and because we like getting into any tracks to explore the 12foot inside van measurement makes it very compact and easier to tow anywhere - of course there are larger sizes too. The off road option gives extra ground clearance.
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds